Holy sweet baby Jesus. This week.
1) My niece and nephew - Cora and Jake - are in swimming and basketball. Jake just won first place in the backstroke and The Brother just sent a picture of Cora making a shot off a steal/fast break in a basketball game. The Brother and I have like 1,000% personality and like .2% athletic ability. He's like some kind of runner and I'm like some kind of not. So when he sends pictures of The Chillun doing these weird things like winning - I get all kind of sappy and happy.
2) I bought two soft tacos tonight at Taco Bell even though I have tacos ALREADY MADE at home. You take those judge-y eyes and put those back in your pocket. They were so good. #allthepraisehands
3) I went to Wal-Mart tonight intending to buy some of The Gen's school supplies BECAUSE THAT IS HAPPENING, YOU GUYS, and instead I bought ice cream sandwiches, a couple of bags of Quaker Chewy Bites (like M&Ms only so much better), and pre-made pancakes. I am clearly off my game today.
Sidenote: Do you ever think checkers just wonder what the ever living heck your life is like? I was in the Wal-Mart a few days ago (#teacherlife) and the lady in line in front of me was buying like 273085 bags of pork rinds. Like it was the entire conveyor belt and they were piled on top of each other. What are you making with that many pork rinds? I stood behind her in line and Pinterest-ed "pork rind recipes" and Pinterest LOL'd at me. Perhaps because it's pig skin? I dunno.
4) We need to talk about my car, you guys. So the plastic-shield-thingie was replaced this week and it took FIVE HOURS. They're all like, "See you in a half hour!" And nope. The sweet maintenance guy (that is just like only eighteen seconds old) said he'd give me a Toyota Camry as a courtesy vehicle and nope again. I walked inside to find my new favorite sales guy and said in my best-good fake-blonde voice, "I need a courtesy vehicle for the entire morning." He gave me a new Tahoe to drive and I was like TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED AND CAN I HAVE A FREE DIET MOUNTAIN DEW?
So today at school - which is on top of the windiest hill in the entire world - the plastic-shield-piece was all jiggly again. I called my mom and she said, "Time to get mad!"
I think I just called her just to get confirmation that it was okay to not just make a scene, but to also just go ahead and make it a whole dang Broadway musical.
5) I'm hosting a back to school giveaway next week. Think Vera Bradley, LuLaRoe, an Amazon gift card, an ebook from moi, and Kate Spade. Be on the looooooookout! :)
I'm pretty sure that's just quite enough ridiculousness from this week. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday - aka: The Day BFF Suzy and I Attend A Former Student's Bachelorette Party.
Because why not.
. About Moi .
I love, love, love flannel sheets and I am really passionate about lists on post it notes and most of the time I'm sad that no one else is as excited as I am about Diet Mountain Dew. I also adore run-on sentences.
He saw her before he saw
anything else in the room.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
Copyright 2018. All rights reserved.