1. I've stepped on duplos, legos, half melted chocolate chips, banana nut muffins, Jake the Pirate, the kid from Paw Patrol, every. single. Blaze. car. that. exists., and teeny tiny little dinosaurs that I once thought were such a great idea. I've stepped in sticky-stuff-that-I'm-kind-of-certain-was-syrup. I've nearly rolled my ankle on baseballs, bouncy balls, soccer balls, and playground balls. And I've accidentally stepped on and smashed two Dollar Tree plastic bats that I promised myself I'd never buy ever again after I got whacked in the face LAST summer.
2. My neat and orderly bins that I swore I was about to actually freaking label (right before God actually freaking laughed at me), are now bins of every single thing that will possibly fit. Dinosaurs are hanging out with the safari animals. Cars are mixed in with trains. Random crap is mixed in with more random crap and I wonder how all of it accumulates.
3. Nap time has become my nap time, too, and you judge all you want. You should've become a teacher. We could all be napping every day. Think of what kind of world THAT would be.
4. The grocery store isn't actually half bad at 8:30 in the morning on a Tuesday.
5. Neither is Wal-Mart.
6. I checked in with the neighbor lady across the street, and she's still super nice. Though the last time I actually spoke to her was last summer, she knows my schedule. Because she's been watching.
7. I already turned on my air conditioner.
8. The mail lady is from Guatemala and she likes Diet Pepsi. She knows The General's name and get this - she listens to a walkman. I didn't even know they still made those. Let me just talk to you about how she actually dances down the street.
(Seriously - the people that get to stay home all day every day -- the stuff you guys must see. For real.)
9. My laundry has been caught up for days and days now and I think this must be what Heaven is like.
10. Even with the duplos all over the floor, and even with the half eaten banana nut muffin on the table -- still. I still think that summer needs to be every day ever.
Here's hoping you're making the days count, too.
PS - You guys know I'm kidding about the duplos actually still being all over the floor, right? #OCDlife
. About Moi .
I love, love, love flannel sheets and I am really passionate about lists on post it notes and most of the time I'm sad that no one else is as excited as I am about Diet Mountain Dew. I also adore run-on sentences.
He saw her before he saw
anything else in the room.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
Copyright 2018. All rights reserved.