Oh my sweet holy Jesus. Summer hits a girl like a truck and then, so, so, so suddenly, she has no idea what day it is, or what time it is, or when it's appropriate to eat.
(That girl is me.)
Here's what I think is cool this week:
1) The Boyfriend and I toured the Robber's Caves in Lincoln last weekend. Aside from the billions of bats that were undoubtedly lurking around every. single. corner. and all of the spiders that were just waiting for me to pause briefly to jump on me - it was pretty neat. The brewery (Blue Blood) that sits on top of the tunnels is pretty good, too. So. Moral of the story: go tour the cave-y tunnels, and then have a drink to help yourself forget the bats.
2) Things that I've bought thus far this summer that are amazing:
3) I tried this recipe for green chili chicken and it wasn't bad, guys. It waaaaasn't bad. It was much better shredded and in a taco shell, but isn't everything? That's basically the only thing I've cooked since school got out. For lunch today, I had cottage cheese and croutons. I see that judge-y side-eye. Don't knock it until you've tried it.
4) I've been working like a crazy lady on school stuff, and I feel like I've finally got my head above water. I appreciate every single one of you that told me to get it together with some kind of Dead-Poets-Society/Braveheart/Bill Pullman Independence Day speech. You're my heroes. And those basket tags are probably going to look cute for about three hours, but they were $.25 and they make my little organized heart oh-so-happy.
The sign is from Hobby Lobby and I'm sure it's marked down to $.25 now, too, because THEY WERE PUTTING OUT CHRISTMAS STUFF THIS WEEK. #drunkhobbylobby
5) I don't really have a #5, but I felt like I couldn't end by calling Hobby Lobby drunk. Instead, I'll just tell you that The General is going to be four in two weeks. Tonight, I was hitting him balls off of the tiny toddler tee with his tiny toddler bat and he was really busy not catching them. Instead, he was hitting them with bubbles from his Dinosaur Bubble Gun (that every kid ever, ever, ever should own - I'll probably buy one for my classroom - no joke).
Anyway. I swung super hard at the tee.
Because I was on the t-ball all-star team (and yes that's a thing) and I was the only girl on it. So I'm basically a rockstar.
And I missed the ball.
Tuck ran up to me, patted my leg, and said, "It's okay, mommy. You just need to swing easy and practice."
On the toddler tee.
With the toddler bat.
And what does swing easy even MEAN.
Boys are weird.
I love you like I love my new water bottle.
. About Moi .
I love, love, love flannel sheets and I am really passionate about lists on post it notes and most of the time I'm sad that no one else is as excited as I am about Diet Mountain Dew. I also adore run-on sentences.
He saw her before he saw
anything else in the room.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.