1. I joked today with The Tribe that we should create some kind of Twitter contest to see who had the messiest desk. I thought we could call it #maydayinmay (I thought it was genius!). The truth is, I was just practicing classical work avoidance.
But can I get an amen? I just finished grading 100 research papers in four days.
If there's an award, I'll accept it now. I'd like to thank my mom and dad and Librarian Mandy and the makers of Diet Mountain Dew. Really just Librarian Mandy. She's a boss.
2. The General actually slept through 3/4 of our first round state soccer game. He let me hold him like a baby and I rocked him. And when we scored in the last minute of regular play - which would subsequently send us into overtime ... and the crowd cheered, and I actually jumped up and down ... well. He slept right through it all. Because he's a champion like that.
3. He called his soccer ball a hot mess tonight. And here? He's hunting kitties at Jo-Jo's house. My God, time goes too fast.
4. I hid behind my house the other night when the police showed up. I didn't want to be THAT neighbor that actually took pictures of the police investigating why Herb and Teresa (who live across the street) aren't around anymore.
(Insert all of the speculation here.)
5. We're four days away from summer break. Four days. My plan is to sit behind my desk and not make any sudden movements. Sometimes, standing your sacred ground is just treading water.
Here's to summer break. #prayforbecky #andthehotmesssoccerball
. About Moi .
I love, love, love flannel sheets and I am really passionate about lists on post it notes and most of the time I'm sad that no one else is as excited as I am about Diet Mountain Dew. I also adore run-on sentences.
He saw her before he saw
anything else in the room.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.